Sunday, April 19, 2009

OpenMW

I thought I was going to get to play this weekend, but work occupied every moment of my time, even much of that which I usually reserve for sleep. I very much look forward to the break I have coming up soon.

In the meantime, this looks interesting. As I said before, Morrowind lacks bump, normal, or specular maps, which limits the amount of detail possible in its texturing. But a new game engine would certainly improve things. I see they already have some kind of texture improvement on the cave rocks in their videos, but I'm not sure if it's a specular map or not. It would, of course, require that a texture pack of the missing detail maps be released for full effect, though you could see some improvement just by using the texture map for the bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment